Monday, December 13, 2010

I'm a Show Off

I just wanted to take some time to explain the name of my blog to those who don't already know. I have taken it from a song by DJ Official called "Show Off" featuring Lecrae and Flame. The whole premise of the song is that we, as Christians, want to "show off" Christ to the rest of the world. At one point, Lecrae comes out and says, "Like the moon I reflect what the Son do. I don't wanna get the glory. I want the Son to."

I recommend you listen to it and read the lyrics as well. I want my life to reflect Christ and not myself. That is the purpose of this blog. I will be writing about my life, but I want to write through gospel lenses. We should glorify God, and that is what I am striving for.

Lecrae and Flame are part of a group called the 116 clique (one-one-six). They are a group of Christian rappers that live to proclaim God to the world. Their lyrics are some of the most biblical lyrics you will ever read. I highly recommend that you look these guys up. Even if you don't like rap music, look up the lyrics.

These are the guys that rap truth: Lecrae, Trip Lee, Tedashii, Sho Baraka, Flame, Pro, Shai Linne, DJ Official, and more. Look these guys up. They are a real encouragement.

No comments:

Post a Comment